Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Back in Yukon, heading south, 5/21/2014

I crossed over into Yukon again, coming through Wright Pass right after the border between Northwest Territories and Yukon.  Surely this was the last foray I would make into the Arctic on this trip.

The Dempster Highway is VERY sparsely populated.   I think I've encountered only about 8 cars over the entire time I've been on it (over 800 kilometers).

One of the windshield kisses that I got from the Yukon government vehicle a while back has turned into a crack over 8 inches long (and growing as I traverse more bumpy roadage). So, any of you who claim that government never gives you anything should revel in this gift to me from the Yukon (a foreign government, even).

A couple of days ago, I turned my ankle in almost exactly the same fashion that I did when I broke it in the fall of 2013.  I was coming out of the woods, stumbled, and fell, but didn't break it. I don't think I sprained it, either...but it does hurt like hell. It takes my full weight, though, without much difficulty, so I think I dodged a bullet.



















No comments:

Post a Comment