Saturday, April 9, 2016

Emergency!

So I'm sitting in the hot tub at the hostel, just getting into that relaxing alpha-wave state, when all of a sudden alarms start going off everywhere, and a booming voice comes from the roof,  saying, "EMERGENCY! EVACUATE THE BUILDING IMMEDIATELY!"

I'm thinking, "You've got to be fucking kidding." I'm trying to figure out a way that I won't be outside sopping wet, in what I'm using for a bathing suit, but is basically my spandex travel underwear. I dry off as best as I can, and plus outside in the chilly air barefoot, nearly naked, and with clattering teeth.

Then a fire truck shows up. They all clamber in. Then a second fire truck shows up, and they join the crew from the first. After about ten minutes, they told us we could go in. I don't think there was any fire or anything, they just reset the alarm.

I came back in and took a sauna, and now I'm back in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment