Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Just Wandering Around Sydney Some More

Today I just spent a lot of time wandering through random neighborhoods in Sydney.  I just wanted to see a lot of stuff, and I walked an awful lot...in fact, it was about 28 km. in total.  By the end of the day, I started getting painful blisters on the pads of my feet.  But I figured I would just walk through that until they turn into calluses.  But every step has been painful.  I need to just walk it off.

Later in the evening, there was a guy who took some wildlife into the pub and the hostel.  I wandered down there, and was one of the crazies who volunteered to hold the reptiles to take them around the pub and let other people pet them.  I held a python, a lizard, and a crocodile.  The crocodile was really feisty and was trying to wriggle free violently in my hands, but then the trainer took it back and charmed it, and after that it was quiet, and I was able to take it around the pub and let people see it, and take pictures with it.





























































































































































Me holding the olive python, named Nancy.




Here are a couple of pics of me holding the crocodile.





No comments:

Post a Comment